Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Morning Blues

I'm so glad the weekend is over. I'm not sure why though. It wasn't bad or even busy. Maybe it's because of the weather. I know the kids would be crazy today if they had to stay inside all day.

The girls had their piano recital's over the weekend. It was fun to watch their face's when they messed up. They would smile and keep on going. Even though the lessons crimped our budget they were worth every penny.


They break for piano during the summer but will start back up in the fall. Mimi will be taking trombone lessons all summer. I still can't believe that she plays the trombone and loves it. I think she is working up to a sax. She is also going to basketball camp. Hopefully I can keep everyone busy this summer so I don't have to hear the I'm bored routine.
The kids get out of school this week. Chrissy gets out at 9am and Mimi at 10am. What a wastes of gas.

On the chick front....They are doing well. THEY POOP ALL THE TIME!!!!! Every time I enter the brooder they all run to that one corner and huddle until I get close to them and then they scatter like roaches. I pick every single one of them up several times a day to make sure they don't have pasty butt or poop stuck to their feet. I'm hoping that they will get used to being held. The girls love them. So far I haven't had any problems getting kids to check on them but it hasn't been a week.....
The chicks are starting to get their feathers in. It's so exciting. they sure don't stay babies very long.

I took this picture late last night! What a funny little girl....

2 comments:

Mama Goose said...

I can't wait for the boys to learn an instrument. O got a guitar for his b-day :)

That last peep shot is AWESOME!!

FishermansDaughter said...

Neither one of my kids wanted to take lessons on any instrument - much to my disappointment. In case you forgot - I LOVE PEEPS. That pic rocks.