Monday, June 20, 2011

WARNING WARNING GRAPIC PHOTO' S OF DEAD POULTRY

This past weekend I offered to help a friend's son process his meat chickens. He bought them and took care of them until it was time to do them in and then a few very nice adults volunteered to help out with the slaughter and process of them.
Marian had been itching for a Mother-Daughter Day. So I brought her along. I never thought she would find happiness in a dead chicken. Also know I have never done this before either. That my friends is another post......

She had no problem disposing of the head and feet and stuck her hand inside that chicken

with the skill and concentration of a brain surgeon.

I think I see her becoming a doctor or a veterinarian in the future!

5 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

HOLY AMAZEBAWLZ! That's...incredible. Love it!!!

Mama Goose said...

Did you let them run around after you cut their heads off?

She's (and you are) amazing. I don't know that I could do that!!

carsick said...

MG they were hung by their feet and their necks went into a collar. Then their little throats were slit and they bled out. It will be a while before I eat chicken again. It REALLY will. I didn't do that I just cleaned them out. It was an expierence.

FishermansDaughter said...

I've always wanted to do that...except for the cutting their little throats thing and the reaching into their ass and pulling their guts out thing, and the... oh wait, maybe I don't want to do it so much after all. LOL!! But I'm still amazed that you guys did it and with NO GLOVES?!?! AUGGHHHH!!!

MaineFarmGirl said...

I was so proud of her! Who knows, maybe she'll be a Maine Farm Girl one day... ;)