Saturday, July 9, 2011

The fourth wasn't the day I thought it would be. I hate parades and so I managed to get out of going. Why on earth would anyone want to go and sit in the heat to watch a bunch of people walk by them? I just don't get it. I really don't. The floats are par the singing worse (with the exception of our church float) (I don't want to get into hot water because they work REALLY hard on it) I absolutely cringe when my kids tell me that they are in a parade. I really do. I do whatever I can to try and dissuade them from being in it. It rarely works out for me.
We ended up at the lake for a few hours and then home to cook out. I'm not a firework fan either (SURPRISE SURPRISE) but I was convinced to go that night. We drove over to the town they were being held in and I have never seen so many people. TO SEE FIREWORKS!!!! It was awful. Beyond awful. Did I ever say I hate crowds?
So we backtracked through town and hit the old road heading home. About a mile or so from town is a big hill and as we were approaching said hill we noticed cars and trucks parked on both sides of it. So we pulled over and set up camp to watch the show.


It was so foggy out that I didn't know how much we would actually see but it turned out okay. The kids didn't seem to mind and I think from now on that's where we'll park.

My beautiful butterfly.

The bugs were thick and the fireworks went on and on and on and then on some more. I thought I was going to implode. Thankfully they ended and home we went.

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

So the saying "Everyone loves a parade" is wrong??? WFT!! Who can I believe any more?!?!?!?!

Hehe... I really don't care for them much either. Now fireworks is a different story. I just can't stay up that late...