Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Getting Ready

This is how I feel this morning. Like I'm going to kick arse and take names later. Ha ha Not really. I was awake almost all night worrying about our trip. When Z and I first got married we made this trip a few times a year. Sometimes with only a four or five hour notice. It didn't bother me to throw a few things in a suitcase dump a box of cat food in a bowl and throw the dogs and kids in the car and go. Now I don't know what happened. I changed and I don't like it. Now I have to worry about break ins and chickens. I worry my old cat will kick it while I'm gone. I worry we won't have access to a washer when we get to our destination. Or we won't be able to shower everyday. I know I'm so weird. I haven't slept three hours in two days. I will probably conk out the minute the truck starts to roll.

I don't know why I'm so freaked out. I love to travel. I love to be a passanger and watch the scenery as we roll by. I love a good silent deadly fart where I can say"Hey Everyone! Smell the woods!" When all the windows are up. I love how my family tells me how gross I am. I love the licence plate game. I love punching the kids (not getting punched so much) as we see punch buggies. I love jinx you owe me coke. I also love that we don't all need to feel the need for talk and can just quietly watch the landscape going by while dreaming our dreams.
But right now I'm doing laundry and trying to clean. I need to figure out the chickens to make sure they'll be comfy while I'm away. The lawn was mowed last night after three hours of fixing a broken part. The oil in the truck has to be changed and I have decided that we aren't going to eat out during our twenty six hour car ride. I'm packing a big cooler full of fruit and veggies and home made muffins. I must be crazy but NO soda on this trip. How will I ever stay awake.




2 comments:

Mama Goose said...

"Hey Everyone! Smell the woods!"

I love you.

FishermansDaughter said...

Yea what Mama G said! LOVE IT!!