Friday, August 12, 2011

No Place Like Home

We had a great time in WI. Z's aunt has golden thumbs. Her flowers are something to behold.
But......I am so glad to be home. My own bed. My own stuff and even my own water. By the time we got home I thought my hair was going to fall out in clumps it was so dry and my scalp raw. Not that you needed to know that.....
It's a twenty five hour drive to get where we were going. I could go on for days about the torture the kids put us through on the way but it's too painful to remember. It's one of those car rides that everyone should forget. Though I had a nightmare about it last night and woke up in a cold sweat. I don't think we'll take any long car rides in the near future.
I didn't vomit the entire car trip but before you give a big "YEAH" someone else did......More on that later.......
We made it home Wednesday night just in time to unpack and fall in our beds. We had to get up and go to cousin's day on Thursday. The girl's weren't missing that for anything. Today I spent most of the day trying to figure out where the bats are coming in the house.
The fun never ends and the wine is flowing freely this evening. Have a great night:) Or day or what-ever......
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

FishermansDaughter said...

WELCOME HOME! Missed you, great pic of the kids and congrats on not puking (bummer about who ever did). Words only another country girl can understand and nod knowingly reading "I have to figure out where the bats are getting in the house." That made me do a spit take and lmao!! Missed you. OX