Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One Long Weekend

Soccer started recently and we signed Little Z up. Z wasn't able to attend the first game and when he came home the first thing he asked was about the game. What do you say about a bunch of pre k and k boys and girls playing soccer?
Really, what can you say? All you can do is cover your face and laugh. When my boy was out on the field he spent more time waving to me and talking to his teammates.

Little Z is telling the coach, who is telling him to try to watch the ball and not worry about your neighbor, about the little girl on his team that keeps grabbing him by the neck and throwing him to the ground. He figures if he talks to her and "make her my fwend" that she won't hurt him anymore.

During that very same game.......my girl got stung by a bee. For the very first time. Once she figured out that she WASN'T allergic to bee stings and wasn't going to die she said that she was glad the bee was going to die and she hoped it was painful and slow. I guess I should be worried about ticking her off huh? I was actually very proud of her when she got stung. She walked up to me and told me and when I looked I couldn't even see a red mark. So I said,"No you didn't go sit down." a few minutes later she showed me her arm and it was bright red and puffy. I felt very bad.

On another big girl note the night before my girl had a dance at her school. The first one of the year. She talked about it all week long. After school Friday she spent hours picking out clothes. At the last minute I asked her if she wanted to get Chinese food and rent some movies and stay home and snuggle on the couch. AND THAT'S WHAT WE DID!!!!!

Field hockey is also in full swing. My baby girl is playing on the travel team. Our weekends are long and  those girls are dedicated. Nothing better than chix with stix!

On a more sober note tomorrow my nephew is going in to have surgery. He has Osteomyelitis in his femur. They will go in and remove the infected part of the bone and replace it with synthetic bone that will dissolve as the new bone grows back.It is truly amazing what the medical community can do. My nephew is 11 just six months older than my baby girl. He is his moms baby and my heart just bleeds for her and my brother. They have been strong through this entire process. Today my brother told me that this part was the easy part. The hard part would be trying to keep him in bed for a few weeks. I think he may be right.
So tomorrow morning I'll be up and at em bright and early heading  to the hospital to sit in the waiting room praying for good news. Surgery should only be a couple of hours and the chance of cancer is very low. The doctors call this routine but I hardly think of it as anything but routine. It's all in Gods hands.

2 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it all. *working the beads* for your sweet nephew. OX

Mama Goose said...

Hoping everything went well today. Sending your nephew prayers for a speedy recovery.

I love the idea of Chinese food and movies. I need a night, or ten, of doing just that.

Football->Soccer->Soccer->Football
Repeat...