Saturday, November 12, 2011

Free Piano's, Sick Kids and Big Assed Eggs

Last month a friend asked me if I wanted a piano. A free piano. Of course I said yes.

Once we got it home I almost pooped my pants. It's so big and UN-taken care of. We had it weeks before I could bring myself to really look at it and see the beauty of it. I still don't know how old it is, maybe made in the early 1900's. I'll know more when I get it tunes but that won't be until after the first of the year. Until then the kids are having a great time having a piano in the house.

This kid has been sick. They all got sick and this one got it last but it hung onto him the longest. Last week he didn't leave the house except to go to the Dr.s office. He lost two lbs in a two week period. He's on the mend now. Today, while I attempted to nap, he ate one package of pop tarts, two ice cream sandwiches and a double pack of ring dings I had hidden for school lunches. Apparently not hidden enough. I can say I think he'll gain his weight back and then some.

Posted by PicasaEveryday I get one or two of these eggs. I can't ever seem to be in the barn when the hens that lay these eggs are laying them but if I ever figure it out I'm giving them a glass of wine and a cigarette.

1 comment:

FishermansDaughter said...

Sick kids eat my soul. Glad everyone is feeling bettah. Hens totally LOVE butts and booze lol. Nothing like fresh eggs, I miss it.