Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The leaning Tower of Tree.

The tree leans. I don't care. It only has to stay in the stand for one more week.

Posted by PicasaThen I'm going to take the decorations off of it and drag it to the dump.
It's a prelit Christmas tree and most of the lights don't function anymore. So I had this big idea to unwind them and take them off to replace them. When I realized that it couldn't be done I proceeded to cut them off. When that didn't work I just added more lights. Ever the quitter.
Next year I will have a real tree again but I want to buy one that is in a pot that I can plant in the spring. No more of buying dead trees you use for a week and throw on a bon fire after. Though I do enjoy the whoosh as it lights up.

2 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

My 15+ year old dilapidated fake tree isn't even up yet (we're planning on Wednesday)! I like your tree, it has character and I don't think you putting more lights on it labels you a quitter - I think it labels you Mommy MaGuyver and a Maestro of Improvisation!! This is the 1st year in memory that we don't have snow yet - do you guys? I'm not complaining, it's supposed to be in the 50s here during the day through Friday. LOVE THAT, even if it's not very festive. OX

mk said...

It's nice to see I am not the only one who had a leaning tree!