Thursday, December 15, 2011

Spiders Squirrels Bats and Lice

I've been an awful blogger. I can't even believe how long it's been since I've sat down to write. When I go to bed at night I lay awake thinking about everything I want to write about but then I fall asleep and when I wake up the bump and grind starts all over again.

Over Thanksgiving we were very fortunate to go to see my father in Florida. It was so wonderful and good but it was also stressful and sad. The pictures are all from the trip out. I didn't take any pictures on the way home. I was too drugged out and was lucky that I could stagger onto the plane. But that is a tale for another time or maybe I'll just keep it to myself for a year or two or three.



This past year we have has so many spiders in the house. It has been really ew. Every time we would move something out would run a spider or more than one. Then the bats moved into the eves of the house and on occasion into my bedroom. Once they were evicted the squirrel came.

He was a little harder to evict than the others but in the end he died a peaceful death of a  BB shot between the eyes .

But in the end it was the lice that got us. Yup, that's us the two lice heads. The two lice heads that got lice 3 days before the trip to Florida. I know that someday I will look back and laugh over this but until then Mimi and I will stay far away from others heads and if we see anybody so much as brush their hair out of their eyes we will make the sign of the cross and run home and pick our heads.  When we made it home from our trip the stress of the whole thing has had me pretty much unable to do anything other than function.
Soon I will be back to regular blogging and telling of our Adventures In Lice but for now I'm just trying to get Christmas in order as stress free as possible.
Thank you to all who have emailed and called to see if everything was Really okay. It is.
xoxoxoxox

2 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

I'm hearing Squirrels and Spiders and bats OH LICE! to the tune of Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY in my head. Gods above sounds terrible. Hope they were good drugs on the way home from FL and that whatever ails you is a distant memory. I've missed you!
OXOX FD

FishermansDaughter said...

Hope your day was MERRY! OXFD