Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Wonder

 

This is Dane's friend. They have  a typical boy/girl relationship. She is a year and half older than he is. He is pretty much as big as she is. When they wrestle.....she kicks his butt. Every time. To the point where he's frustrated because he can't take her down and she's glancing at us wondering if she should still take him down or is he gonna cry.
When I first told Z about about Dane's lack of taking down a girl he was less than thrilled. He said Dane was pulling back. So I took Z to the field with us the next time we went and all of the adults waited. We all acted like we weren't paying attention as the kids played and we waited. Sure enough, Dane wanted to wrestle and that adorable little girl that looks no bigger than a minute, took him down. Again, and again and again. Z just shook his head. I wish I would have thought to tape it because someday in the future not to far off Dane is going to grow and be quite a bit bigger than she is. He won't be allowed to try and take her down.
I didn't take these pictures of the kids so I have no idea what Dane was asking her but I chuckle every time I look at them as I imagine what he asked her....... 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

SO. CUTE!! I remember being that girl and the devastating day when the boys bawls dropped then wrestling (well that kind anyhow!) was off the menu forevs. Ah the good ole days!

FishermansDaughter said...

I can think of more than a couple of guys who would benefit from a girly take down...

FishermansDaughter said...

*peeking in* HEY! You ok? Just checking. Miss you. OX<3