Thursday, March 8, 2012

If Anything Life is Never Dull



Tuesday morning was busy here in Z-land. I'm trying to get everyone on a schedule of getting schoolwork done and keep the house picked up. We do fine for awhile but if I don't keep my eyes glued to Dane he cuts up every piece of paper he can find then he proceeds to glue said paper to my french doors to make a nice collage from mommy. Right now he has his super hero action figures everywhere. Most of them are missing body pieces. I can't tell you how pissed I am that I spend so much money on these things and they break so easily.
Anyway, Tuesday morning we were sitting at the table and the kids were doing their work and I was putting together a dinosaur thingy for Dane and I needed to copy some of the papers. I left to go TWO ROOMS away and I was gone maybe two minutes. The cat had jumped up on the table and had himself spread out across my books and papers. I went to move his sorry ass and when I looked down at him he had a big gob of slimy green SNOT smeared over his fur!!!!! Calmly (without any hysteria at all) I asked what the heck happened to the cat? Mimi looks up at me from he reading book and calmly, like it's a normal thing, tells me Dane blew his nose on the cat. Then she went back to reading. Public school has nothing on us.

2 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

Oh the "joys" of home schooling!! You are so funny. Keep smiling honey pie. Keep smiling. Spring is sprung, the sun is back. We made it through another winter and all of the other cliches. OX FD

KimberlyDi said...

As I left a message on FD's page, I'll be gone for a bit. Having "old lady surgery" and will be off work for 4-6 weeks. I wonder how much a uterus and fibrods weigh? Instand weight loss! wooohooo! Always look at the bright side, right?

Hugs