Monday, September 10, 2012

Change

I didn't think this day would ever come. At least I didn't think it would come this soon. I knew a day would come when I would have all of my children in public school. I just didn't want it to be now.

Thanks to our sucky economy and now gas topping four bucks a gallon, I can't afford to teach my children at home. In the past four years we've lost 25% of our income, still no health insurance, homeowner taxes up $400.00 more pressure than ever in our marriage...........
Dear Person (who blah blah blahed about change)
You can suck it.......You can keep your change, quit passing it off on me. My family can't take anymore.
Sincerely,
Carsick

In other news...Yup, Little Man is in Kindergarten. What a huge change for him. He's struggling with all of his changes. Academically he is doing amazing, socially, not so much. Last week I got a call from the school and I couldn't hear the nurse's voice all I could hear was my son in the background screaming IWANTMYMOMMYIWANTMYMOMMY!!!! I bet I was out of the driveway before the nurse knew I hung up.
Never get in the way of a mommy who's son needs her..........
All in all I think with a few tweaks he'll be fine in a week or two. It's me who we'll need to cart off to the asylum. Right now he still needs me but I know that soon he'll be getting on that bus without looking back and it's bittersweet I tell ya, bittersweet. 
So now I'm free to join the workforce. Sorta. I have no skills to pay any bills and no gas to get there but I'm gonna give it a go.
My motto for today is When one door closes another opens. I just wish it would hurry up and open because I think it's stuck.

2 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

Does this mean you're back?! GIANT HUG from the only other mother who 10 years later is still crying in the yard on her kids first day of school. I love your attitude of onward and upward "she typed while sitting on the couch at noon in her pjs". LOL How was your summer?! Missed you. ox

KimberlyDi said...

Hey girlie! Don't stress about working. My job keeps me sane. I treasure the friendship I have found there. You'll do fine!