Thursday, September 20, 2012

Summer is over. The chill in the air I feel when I'm sitting on the steps waiting for the bus to come for Chrissy makes me happy and sad.
It's been almost three years since my mom passed away. Fall used to be our favorite season. Since she passed I haven't really cared. I went from decorating the entire house inside and out to hating fall and letting it seep into hatred for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The first year after she passed I didn't even decorate for Christmas. I put up a tree a few days before and called it good.
Last year I was busy and forgot about what day she passed on and when I remembered it had already passed by a few days. The guilt I felt ruined me for months.
I feel better about everything this year. I'm feeling the spark that makes me think I'll finally be able to move on.
I sure do hope so, I've robbed Dane of the excitement of change. To him all change is scary and for the past few weeks his little life has been upside down. He's slowly starting to get the hang of it but it's been a huge effort on everyone involved and we are very grateful for all of the kind people that have helped us out.
So this fall instead of being bitter I'm going to try and make some changes for the good.

A joke from Dane: Why did the naked little person laugh while running through the fields? Because the grass tickled his weenie.

3 comments:

Love Marriage Expert Delhi said...

This blog made mine able to know many of the things. Am really very waiting for your new blogs - Marriages in Arya Samaj Mandir , Arya Samaj Mandir in Delhi

KimberlyDi said...

Snort. Where did Arya Samaj Mandir in Delhi come from?

Glad to see you posted again.

Hugs, Kim

My mom's bday is this Saturday and I'm going to visit with her grave and bring her flowers. :)

FishermansDaughter said...

OXOXOX Welcome back. Missed you.